Thursday, September 23, 2010

Crazy Kids

Back in the early 80's when I was on the run with my first band, The Bedbugs, me and my girlfriend, Amanda, used to get thrown out of bowling alleys. She was sort of a groupie of mine. Body of a dancer. She was into my poetry. She wanted to move into the basement with me at my parent's house, but they didn't like her. She kept blocking the driveway with her tricycle. She tried to commit suicide over me. She was distraught at being stuck with me instead of this other DJ guy.

We lasted for sixteen weeks; long enough to make it to second base. Then one night we were down in her basement, doing hot tweezers on her Easy Bake Oven. She dropped one of the tweezer tokes on the floor and got it mixed up with a mouse dropping. Then she gave it to me. It was terrible. It felt like the tragic ending to The Deer Hunter. I had to dump her after that. You need to be able to trust your girlfriend.

More Scripts Songs Statements

© 2010. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment