Sunday, September 19, 2010

Playing It Safe

After seeing the ending of the 1973 movie, The Wicker Man, I realize that I have finally overcome my childhood fear of Scottish people. I no longer expect them to drag me off and sacrifice me for being a virgin, even though I'm not. That was just one bad island over there that probably just needed a few more pubs.

It sparked a few thoughts about religion and its rituals. I thought of how wine found its way into the Sunday mass. Wine used to be considered sacred. When you got drunk, it was a blessing. So I figure they originally included wine drinking to make sure everyone felt blessed by the service; even the ones who weren't paying attention.

More Scripts Songs Statements

© 2010. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment