Friday, September 17, 2010

Dear Pooky

Out of respect for the memory of famous diarist, Jane Blank, certain details about her blossoming into womanhood were omitted from the final copy.

September 17, 1943

Dear Pooky,
Today I switched over to cucumbers from carrots. It's hard to find fresh vegetables with the war on, so I must hide them in my drawer with my unmentionables. I hope I'll be ready for David. He's the only boy here and I'm in love with him because he reminds me of Peter.

September 21, 1943

Dear Pooky,
I left out my cucumber on the desktop and papa found it. He was very hungry and wanted to eat it without peeling the skin off first. I was about to tell him not to eat it, but then I thought the better of it.

Gee, Pooky! I hope he never finds you and reads this!

October 9, 1943

Dear Pooky,
I ran out of newspapers today. The German ones are more absorbent than the Hungarian ones. Curse this war! Papa found a big bag of sawdust from the Black Market, and we had a father-daughter afternoon, spreading it around my room, all over my bed and my chair and the floor.

More Scripts Songs Statements

© 2010. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment